Are you planning to bring in someone to the UK to do sports? Contact our specialist London immigration lawyers.
Tier 2 Sportsperson
The Tier 2 (Sportsperson) category is for elite sportspeople and coaches, internationally established at the highest level. You must be of significance to your sport and make a major contribution to its development. Tier 2 (Sportsperson) is for long term sponsorship, Tier 5 (Temporary worker – creative and sporting) is for shorter term.
The Tier 5 Sportsperson category requires 70 points which are broken down into;
- Certificate of sponsorship (50 points)
- English language (10 points)
- Maintenance (10 points)
Your will need to be endorsed by your sport’s governing body for the application to succeed. The Home Office, UKBA has given a list of all approved governing bodies.
Can I switch into Tier 2 Sportsperson
If you hold one of the following visas currently, you may be able to switch into this category:
- any Tier 1 category
- Tier 2 (General)
- Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
- Tier 2 (Intra company transfer: established staff), if you are applying to switch sponsor
- Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) under the Immigration Rules n place before 6 April 2010, if you are applying to change sponsor
- any Tier 4 category
- Tier 5 (Temporary worker – creative and sporting), for a job as a professional footballer – but you must meet the Tier 2 requirements, including English language
- dependent partner of a Tier 4 migrant
- Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
- Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme
- International Graduates Scheme (or its predecessor, the Science and Engineering Graduate Scheme)
- Business and Commercial work permits (except multiple entry work permits)
- Sports and Entertainment work permits (except multiple entry work permits)
- Jewish agency employee
- Member of the operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline
- minister of religion, missionary or member of a religious order
- overseas qualified nurse or midwife
- person writing up a thesis
- postgraduate doctor or dentist
- representative of an overseas business
- representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation
- student re-sitting an examination
- student nurse
- student union sabbatical officer
You will have to meet the 70 points for the visa before being able to switch into this Tier 2 category. Contact one of our leading lawyers in London or Derby for more information.
Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and Tier 2 Sportsperson
If you have continuous lawful residence for 5 years in this category with a combination of qualifying categories, you may be able to apply for settlement/ILR. Your absences must not exceed 180 days for every 12 calendar months and you must demonstrate sufficient knowledge of life in the UK and English language standards. Contact one of our leading lawyers in London for further details.
Same Day Services for Same Sex Partner visa
Reiss Edwards’s immigration lawyers can assist in booking a premium/PEO appointment for your Tier 2 Sportsperson application, extension or ILR application.
If you would like to have a PEO same day appointment, Reiss Edwards immigration lawyers can help. If you opt for this service, a decision will usually be reached on the day you attend the appointment. Most cases are eligible for this premium service however, if there is complications to your case, it may not be suitable for you to go to the UKBA/Home Office in person. We suggest that you contact one of our leading lawyers in London or Derby for an assessment so that we can confirm whether you should submit your application by post or in person.