Tier 2 Dependent Salary

You may be wondering as you’re either on a Tier 2 General Visa or are about to apply for one, as to the rules regarding salary criteria for your dependent if they come to the UK on a Dependent Visa. In this article, we will look at the Dependent Visa for the Tier 2 General Visa in a little more detail and hopefully provide some answers to your questions.

Who is classed as a dependant on a Tier 2 General Visa?

A dependent can be any of the following: husband, wife or partner, a child under 18, or a child over 18 if they are currently in the UK as a dependent. The visa allows you to bring dependents to the UK in order for them to live and work alongside you while you are here in the UK working for a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence holder.

Is there a minimum salary for a dependant on a Tier 2 General Visa?

No, the appropriate salary is for the Tier 2 General Visa holder only and they will need to ensure that they are paid at least £30,000 per year for the job that they have been offered or the so-called “appropriate rate” for the job but this will still need to be at least £30,000 a year.

Do we need to have any personal savings?

Yes, you must show that your dependents can be supported while they’re in the UK; on that basis, each of them must have at least £630 available when they apply, this is in addition to the £945 that you will need to have in order to support yourself.

Is there any situation where I don’t need to prove my savings?

Yes, there are two exceptions to this rule: if your sponsor is a fully approved “A rated” sponsor then you will not need to prove your savings, or if you have a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) stating that your sponsor will give each of your dependents at least £630 if they need it.

Will I need to pay any additional fees for my dependents?

Yes, you will need to pay for each individual person on the visa and in addition to this, you would have to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge which is payable by every person on it. The fees will need to be paid at the time of application so it is vital that you have enough money in advance to have to pay it. You will also need to provide biometric information and this also comes at an additional cost if you do it at a Post Office branch.

Where can I go for my help?

 If you get in touch with our immigration solicitors then they can help with your Tier 2 General Visa and any queries you may have about it including dependents that you may have on it. We can provide expert help and advice and are available to help you so get in touch today and see what we can do for you.


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.


©2018 UK Business Circle maintained by Gavin Rookyard | Hosted by Laskos.com


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?


Create Account