Studying as a Tier 2 dependent

 If you are on a Tier 2 dependent visa in the UK you may be wondering if you can study. In this article we examine the possibility of your studying in the UK under a Tier 2 dependent visa and if there are any considerations that you must undertake. We also take a view of the visa overall and how it is beneficial to you.

Am I allowed to study on a Tier 2 dependent visa?

 Absolutely! In fact, the paradox of a Tier 2 dependent visa is that the partner often gets significantly better benefits than the person with the Tier 2 visa. For instance, a Tier 2 dependent can work in any business, but the Tier 2 visa holder must stay with a sponsor company.

 You will need to ensure that you meet the strict eligibility criteria, but if you do, the Tier 2 dependent visa is an excellent option and well worth pursuing.

Will I need to pay international student fees?

 Potentially. The Home Office does not decide who is classed as an international student, that is down to the university themselves. You will need to speak to the university concerned to see their specific stance on your situation.

What about studying while I work?

Again no problem. The Tier 2 dependent visa is very beneficial and is the reason you have to jump so many hurdles to be eligible for it in the first place. But as long as you are eligible, the Tier 2 dependent visa is an excellent option.

One of the best reasons for having a Tier 2 dependent visa is the open nature of it and that it gives you pretty free rein. It is one of the more relaxed visas available and is excellent for a partner.

Where can I find out more information?

 There are many fantastic resources in the education world and many universities themselves offer fantastic guidance on their own websites. It is worth finding the course that you want first and then speaking to the different universities that offer it. Many universities make a lot of money from international students and that is why they offer such good information to those that may attend their university.

 You can also speak to us, we can help in any and all immigration situations and would love to speak to you about studying in the UK on a Tier 2 dependent visa.

How we can help

 If you need more help and advice on studying or working in the UK then get in touch. Our specialist immigration lawyers have a wealth of experience in helping people just like you to live, study and work in the UK.

 So for more information related to your specific needs, get in touch today and see what we can do to help you to succeed.



Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.


©2018 UK Business Circle maintained by Gavin Rookyard | Hosted by


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?


Create Account