EU nationals living in the UK will not have to send in their passport when applying online for a Registration Certificate or Permanent Residence Card using the EEA(QP) or EEA(PR) application forms.

From 1st October 2016, participating local authorities and nominated premium service centres can photocopy an applicant’s passports and forward a copy, along with the checklist and application form, to the Home Office on the applicant’s behalf.

Given the increasingly long delays in the processing of Permanent Residence Card and Registration Certificate applications, this will be welcome news to EU nationals residing in the UK who need their passport in order to travel and return to their original home country to visit friends and family.

The service is available by appointment only and applicants must attend an appointment within five working days of submitting their online form. The service fee can be obtained by contacting the local authority who will also confirm times appointments are available.

OTS Solicitors is regarded as one of the best immigration law firms in the UK.  If you need advice regarding applying for a Registration Certificate, Permanent ResidenceCards, British Citizenship or anything else relating to Brexit, please phone our office on0207 936 9960 to talk to one of our dedicated immigration solicitors.


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.


©2018 UK Business Circle maintained by Gavin Rookyard | Hosted by


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?


Create Account