Online Course Platforms

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Paul Lovell Paul Lovell 3 days, 8 hours ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Claire Lyons Claire Lyons 
    Participant

Hi there, I’m going to be launching an 8 week e-course by the end of July… I have a Teachable account which I can use, but I thought I’d get opinions on other ways to host it.

This is a paid for course, people will need to sign up and be sent an email with a link to that weeks video/podcast or go to a site to complete the course, one lesson per week. There are downloadable worksheets with each lesson.

Any ideas welcomed as I do this for the first time!

Profile photo of Gavin Gavin 
    Keymaster

Hi Claire

It sounds really exciting, as you know we are in the process of also doing courses, although ours are face to face, I am sure their are a number of other members that would be able to give you some advice, i will share this for you in the group.

Profile photo of Helen Hill Helen Hill 
    Participant

Hi Claire, it sounds like you need a Learning Management System (LMS). These allow you to upload pretty much any tyoe of resource, track learning and quiz scores, sign up and contact learners (or they can self reg)and keeptrack of figures. I work for an e-learning company who provide LMS systems in my other job. If you would like me to get any more i formation for you such as costs and what is offered just let me know. I work as a designer there so i know allab out course creation but I dont deal with the LMS side myself.
    Hope that helps

Profile photo of Claire Lyons Claire Lyons 
    Participant

Thanks Helen, I now know what LMS stands for! I will keep looking around… If you could get an idea of set up costs from the company you work for that would help my research. Thank you xx

Profile photo of Paul Lovell Paul Lovell 
    Participant

Hi Claire,

I am so sorry for not getting back to you – do you still need inspiration for this?

Paul

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2017 UK Business Circle maintained by Gavin Rookyard | Hosted by Laskos.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account