This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  highlandspring 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Anonymous

Just wondered which bank you use for your business, I know their are so many different deals out their now.

I am currently with Santander and find the online really easy to use.

Who do you bank with?

Clive Campling 

I’m with HSBC for both personal & business.
    They have been very obliging.
    Not so keen on the structure of the new website setup, but I guess it just takes a bit of getting used to.
    Awhile back I had a personal loan within which they had miscalculated the interest owing over part of the period- they refunded ALL the interest charged from the time that the over calculated took place, not just the part that was charged in error. A refund of about £1300.00 . Nice.

Heinz Kastner 
    Participant

HSBC, and I am happy with them.

Gavin 
    Keymaster

I bank with Barclays. I’ve been with them since I moved to the UK and they’ve been fine but I know I could be getting a better deal. The idea of moving scares me though. For those of you who have changed their business bank, how easy have you found the process?

Clive Campling 

Where are you from originally Wendy? I also originally came from outside of the UK, though both my parents were British.

Gavin 
    Keymaster

Hi Clive. I’m from the UK. Lincolnshire. I lived in Menorca, Spain for 6 years. Moved back to the UK in 2011.

Gavin 
    Keymaster

Gavin, I have so many income streams and sometimes I get money paid in and I think “Oh, I forgot about them.” For example an affiliate link in an old post. Although most of my payments go through Paypal now.

Clive Campling 

Nice problem to have, forgetting about income streams! Most of JBN payments/receipts is by BACS. Can’t remember when I last wrote a cheque- around 5 months ago?
    I see HSBC is now offering voice activated security for telephone banking rather than pin codes. Hopefully one doesn’t ever have a cold when wanting to do phone banking!

Gavin 
    Keymaster

Oh, that’s funny. I now have a picture of a really frustrated business owner with a cold trying to access their bank account via voice recognition.

Clive Campling 

Not much more at the moment Gavin. I do market UKBC when I can, still needing to get some traction from David’s installed base. Possibly if you would like to put another flyer together & I’ll find out from David whether her would be prepared to send this onto his followers?

Gavin 
    Keymaster

Gav, re affiliate marketing. I find the best are direct affiliate programs. What I mean by this is I’m an affiliate with the actual company rather than through an affiliate company where you can sign up for loads of different companies.

For example. I don’t get on great with share-a-sale but I do fairly well with companies where I’m a direct affiliate.

Form personally I need to have real experience with the company. Promoting UKBC is easy for me because I believe in what you’re doing and love the way you work.

Pinterest have now changed their policy on sharing affiliate links, so I’m trying that out a little to see how that goes, mostly focusing on Amazon.

Clive Campling 

My company is also with HSBC, but we do pay bank charges even on electronic ones. How come you don’t do you have significant deposits with HSBC?

Gavin 
    Keymaster

Of course Gav, although I’m really just winging it. Definitely not a pro and couldn’t by any stretch of the imagination live on what I earn.

highlandspring 
    Participant

HSBC – always found them good and when the credit crunch was on they didn’t seem to rein back in as much as some of the other high street lenders.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2018 UK Business Circle maintained by Gavin Rookyard | Hosted by Laskos.com

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account